Please register for the meeting before proceeding to login and abstract submission.
Welcome to AAG Regions Connect
A Joint Climate Forward Initiative
Participate in the Applied Geography Conference and five AAG Regional Division annual meetings, connected virtually! This unique opportunity is an experimental project that brings together the Applied Geography Conference and the Southwest, East Lakes, West Lakes, Pacific Coast, New England-St. Lawrence Valley, and Great Plains/Rocky Mountains divisions of the AAG for regional in-person meetings and shared virtual content from all conference venues. This model is part of a larger effort at AAG to reduce carbon emissions at events, as called for by the AAG Climate Action Task Force. Please contact email@example.com if you run into any technical issues.
Cross Promoted Sessions:
- Healing in Leadership: An open discussion and sharing of healing practices that contribute to departmental, collegial, and personal well-being, with facilitators Deborah Thomas (UNC Charlotte), Shannon O’Lear (U Kansas), Fernando Bosco (San Diego State U), Emily Skop (U Colorado, Colorado Springs), and Jeffrey Lash (U Houston Clear Lake). Friday, October 15, 3:00 – 4:30pm Eastern
- Stand-Alone Geographers: how new opportunities and technologies can benefit you when you are a department of one (or two) with Jason Greenberg (Sullivan U), Daniel Warshawsky (Wright State U) and Eric Spears (Columbus State U). Friday, October 15, 1:30 – 3:00pm Eastern
- Pandemic Silver Linings: An open discussion and sharing of how COVID has helped us improve our teaching, with facilitators Eric Fournier (Washington U St. Louis), Jing Li (U Denver), and Trushna Parekh (Texas Southern U). Friday, October 15, 12:00 – 1:30pm Eastern
- Career Paths in Human Geography: professional geographers discuss their career paths and strategies for finding employment in human geography-related occupations. After introductions and brief remarks from the panelists, the second half will be reserved for open Q&A. Thursday, October 14, 2021, 3:00 - 4:30 pm Eastern
- Career Paths in Physical Geography: professional geographers discuss their career paths and strategies for finding employment in physical geography-related occupations. After introductions and brief remarks from the panelists, the second half will be reserved for open Q&A. Friday, October 15, 2021, 3:00 - 4:30 pm Eastern
Other Session(s) of Interest
- A Reckoning in Boston, This is a special virtual screening of a new, award-winning independent film about race, space, and place in Boston’s Dorchester neighborhood, including a post-screening discussion with the director. Saturday, October 16, 1-4 pm Eastern.